Published on 27 November 2014
UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE LIBRARY
The University of Science Library was established on the foundation of the Graduate Library - This model of the modern library was a project supported by the Department of Post-Graduate, Ministry of Education and Training and the University of Ho Chi Minh city. The Foundation Day was May 11th 1995.
227 Nguyen Van Cu, District 5, HCM City, Vietnam
Tel: (84 8) 6288 4499 Ext. 3200
Fax: (84 8) 3835 0096
The value of a library is not in how many information resources it has, but in what services are crowded to the users through the use of new technologies and educated staff.
The University of Science Library has been built as a 21st century library using new technologies to assist patrons in accessing and retrieving information easily and to enable librarians to help patrons meet their information needs efficiently and effectively.
- To serve the studying, teaching and researching needs of the students, faculty and researchers of Vietnam National University at Ho Chi Minh City
- To meet the information needs of all patrons
|INFORMATION SERVICES||TECHNICAL SERVICES||TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY|
- Learning Commons
|- Information Resources
- Information Technology
- Digital Library
- Dewey Decimal Classification
- LC Subject Headings
- Cataloging Using Dublin Core
- Output in MARC and Dublin Core
- Greenstone Digital Library Open Source Software
Uses Greentone Digital Library Open Source Software to create Soecialized Information Collections
Integrates portals to electronic resources
Meet the information needs of all students, faculty, researchers, businessmen, etc. Information is organized in Specialized Information Collections on CD-Rom in order to facilitate searching and browsing by author, title, keyword, subject heading, etc.
|PRINTING RESOURCES||ELECTRONIC RESOURCES|
- Reference Materials
- Scientific Reports
- Proceeding, etc...
- CD-ROM Databases
- Online Databases
- Digital Collections, etc...
- The Organization and Management of Electronic Libraries
- Classification Using Dewey
- Assigning Subject Headings
- Description Using AACR2
- Data Entry in Cataloging Using MARC 21 and Dublin Core
- Refernce Work
- Digital Library
More information: http://www.glib.hcmus.edu.vn